Handy Tips For Around The Kitchen!
Love Cooking? Here are some handy tips to help you around the kitchen…
1) For the perfect boiled egg, cover eggs with cold water and
a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a full boil. Remove the
pan from the heat and cover. Let the eggs sit for 8-9 minutes.
Drain the water and place the eggs in ice water to cool to
stop the cooking process.
2) When using fresh herbs such as dill, chives, parsley, etc.,
hold them together in small bunches and snip with kitchen
scissors. It is a lot faster this way, and you’ll find the
herbs will be light and fluffy, not bruised and wet as they
often get when chopped.
3) One way to preserve the flavor of fresh herbs is to make herb
butter. Let the butter soften, then add finely chopped herbs in any
combination, about 2 to 4 tablespoons per stick of butter. The
butter freezes well, and you can serve it spread on French bread
or with seafood or chicken.
4) To make lighter and fluffier mashed potatoes, add a pinch or two
of baking powder to the potatoes before whipping.
5) Egg whites should always be at room temperature before whipping.
Be certain there is no yolk in the whites and that the bowl and
beaters are perfectly clean. Cream, on the other hand, should be
well-chilled. For the largest volume, chill the bowl and beaters
6) Don’t just keep dental floss in your medicine cabinet. Keep some
in the kitchen. It’s a great tool. Unflavored dental floss is
often better than a& knife to cleanly cut all kinds of soft foods,
soft cheese, rolled dough, layered cake and cheesecake.
7) When cooking any kind of strawberry dessert, add a splash of
aged Balsamic vinegar to the recipe to enhance the flavor
of the strawberries.
8) Bread will stay fresh longer if a celery rib is stored with it in the package.
9) Cookies will spread if your dough is too pliable by allowing butter
to get too soft. If your cookies are spreading too much, try
refrigerating the dough for a couple of hours before baking.
10) If a recipe calls for 1 cup sour cream, you may substitute
1 cup cottage cheese blended until smooth with 1 tablespoon
lemon juice and 1/3 cup buttermilk.
Do you love to bake? If so make your job of mixing ingredients easier with a quality stand mixer. One of the best mixer’s on today’s market is the Kitchenaid Professional 600 stand mixer. To find out more about this mixer and to read more quality stand mixer reviews please follow the links provided.
Author: jingojohniThis author has published 22 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.